Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A Temporary Need For Limited Liability

People are the image bearers of God. As such, we have moral responsibility and a duty to obey God in all that we do.

When we create an organization or a corporation, we create another entity that is an artificial person. This person isn't made in God's image.

What I take that to mean is that although the company is bound to conform to the moral responsibilities and obligations of holiness in God's world, the people in charge of the company are the ones given the great task of harnessing the company's actions in obedience to God's commands.

Today I became President of Bartlett Dairy, LLC.

I find it an honor and privilege to be in this position. I also know that limiting liability for the wrong reasons is sin. I must be careful to not allow the business interests to affect my moral judgement.

The way I see it, today's need for limiting liability is for protection from a corrupt judicial system.

There will probably be a day down the road where limiting liability will not be necescary because righteous judgement will protect upright people.

For now, it seems that LLCs provide the best government-approved protection from reckless lawsuits and help keep family businesses afloat.


No comments: